This 5 part monthly series introduces principles and concepts for designing architectures in the AWS Cloud.
Each 2 hr workshop focuses on one of the five pillars of the Well-Architected Framework, with opportunities to explore best practices, ask questions, and apply your skills with a hands-on case study.
Facilitated by Five Talent CTO Ryan Comingdeer and AWS Solutions Architects.
WHO should attend?
CTOs, CIOs, Directors of Engineering, DevOps Engineers, Directors of IT, Solution Architects, Senior Developers
LEARN Well-Architected best practices and strategies
APPLY YOUR SKILLS with hands-on case studies
CONNECT with PDX’s growing AWS network!
Attend any or all workshops in the series.
Dates: March 20, May 15, June 13th, July 18th and September 25th (Date TBD).
Time 5:30 – 7:30 pm
Location New Relic
111 SW 5th Ave #2700, Portland, OR 97204
Register and attend to earn AWS Credits and a chance win an Amazon Echo Dot! Beverages provided.
March 20th: Operational Excellence – Pillar 1
- Running and monitoring systems for business value
- Continually improving processes and procedures
- Managing and automating changes
- Responding to events
- Defining standards to manage daily operations
May 15th: Security – Pillar 2
- Implementing a strong identity foundation
- Applying security at all layers
- Automating security best practices
- Preparing for security events
- Enabling traceability
June 13th: Reliability- Pillar 3
- Testing recovery procedures
- Automatically recovering from failure
- Increasing aggregate system availability
- Monitoring demand and system utilization
- Managing change in automation
July 18th: Performance Efficiency – Pillar 4
- Using serverless architectures for managing services at scale
- Optimizing computing resource efficiencies
- Decreasing latency
- Improving customer experience at minimal costs
September 25th: Cost Optimization – Pillar 5
- Right-sizing services with a consumption model
- Measuring overall efficiency
- Analyzing and attributing expenditure
- Eliminating unneeded costs and suboptimal resources
- Using managed services to reduce cost of ownership
- Increasing transparency and accountability