The explosive growth of AWS services has unleashed infinite possibilities for developing new products and applications with reach into global markets. How are you leveraging them?
As solutions architects, we are experts in implementing Well-Architected Framework best practices to build high-performing, scalable solutions supported by the secure, reliable, cost-effective infrastructure of the AWS Cloud.
We provide strategic high-level to granular-level guidance and best practices to help you build and maintain secure, reliable, performant, cost optimized, and operationally excellent applications in the AWS Cloud.AWS Well-Architected Well-Architected Process Benefits of Well-Architected
We use the Well-Architected Framework Review to evaluate and remediate your current solutions and then help you architect new innovative products and services.
The 5 Pillars are the foundation for building secure, high-performing applications with the infrastructure to deploy and scale rapidly:
- Continuously improve your processes and gain insight into your operational systems by monitoring, managing, and automating changes.
- Define standards for how to respond to events and collect metrics to measure your business outcomes.
- Run efficient operations that allow you to prioritize activities, anticipate failures, and respond quickly to the needs of your business and customers.
- Strengthen and protect your data and systems by establishing least privilege principles and enforcing the separation of roles and responsibilities.
- Maintain data integrity and privacy in any environment for data in transit and at rest.
- Use automation to prepare for threats and incidents as well as to scale securely and cost-effectively.
- Increase your ability to prevent and recover from service and infrastructure disruptions.
- Use multiple small resources to mitigate the impact of a single failure on youroverall system.
- Leverage automation to test and expose failure pathways and provide immediate recovery processes.
- Optimize and maintain the efficiency of your computing resources even as demand increases.
- Decrease latency and improve customer experience at minimal costs with global deployment.
- Employ serverless architecture for managing services at cloud scale.
- Maximize your business outcomes and return on investments with cost-aware systems that optimize resources at minimal cost.
- Right-size with a consumption model where you pay only for the computing resources you use based on your business needs.
- Analyze and assign system usage and costs to increase transparency, measure ROI and increase accountability.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your Primary Scope of Work will consist around the five pillars of remediation work; e.g. Operational Excellence, Security, Reliability, Performance Efficiency and Cost Optimization. Each Scope of Work is catered to your pain points, critical issues and your AWS Environment.
An effort to address an identified task. The development effort may be new or is a modification to something that already exists.
Many times “remediation” could mean sitting side-by-side with your in house architects or developers for guidance and strategy. Whiteboard collaboration sessions are also common.
An effort to test a scope of work and document the results. This effort does not include fixing or addressing the results, a new Statement of Work could be suggested. An example would be Performance Testing, typically after a test, we would draft a Secondary Scope of Work to address performance enhancements.
Analysis is performed to gain clarity of issue. This effort does not include fixing or addressing the results, a new Statement of Work could be suggested beyond the prioritized recommended tasks included with initial Well-Architected engagement.
Five Talent will need this along with new IAM User credentials to securely and professionally review your AWS environment and services structure. We also use this number when we report our activities to AWS.
AWS will send you a Survey to solicit your feedback on the Well-Architected process and insights with Five Talent as a partner. This Survey is the activation step to receive the AWS Promo code for your hosting account.
There is no official or formal graphic, icon or “badge” to cite or show on your application or company materials. However, you could reference that your application has been reviewed within the AWS Well-Architected™ program and Five Talent Software.
The Primary SOW Tasks are to start addressing immediate and critical elements with your AWS environment. The Secondary SOW tasks are items that would be extremely beneficial to complete but can be scheduled at a later time.
Five Talent will collaborate with you to identify the task priority and urgency.
Technologies change often as well as your business needs. Five Talent highly recommends scheduling a Well-Architected Framework Review at least twice a year.
Initial Five Talent access to AWS account through read-only IAM set up and remediation collaboration would happen through read-only through SAML set up.
Five Talent worked with BBQ manufacturer MAK Grills on a product ideation project for a new web app giving owners remote operational control of their grills. Prior to our engagement, the company’s outsourced development process had stalled and they needed help salvaging the project. After reviewing their existing code, we were able to address their wishlist and launch the app on an aggressive timeline.Learn more